Dispatch From Phar Lepht

Musings, ramblings, rants, and raves from Phar Lepht, Texas by a tent show gypsy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phar Lepht, Texas, United States

I am a bead and wirework jewelry artist living in the desert southwest trying to make a living with my art. Happily married for 30+ years to Cecil(also an artist) and have two sons, Noah and Nathan (who is Down's Syndrome).

Thursday, February 14, 2008

New Year, New Gear




One thing that is new is that I didn't make the trek to Tucson this year to buy materials. Fact is I have plenty of materials in my studio other than the usual stuff I always need to stock up on. Now that the silver people and some of the bead people come to town and that I have a good supplier that is local that carries some of the standards...I really don't have a good excuse to go and blow a bunch of moola. Now that Cec is making more jewelry, I do want to take him for sure next year if possible and that means saving up starting NOW!

Enough blab...here are a few new things I have made for the upcoming show at the end of this month:

The one on the left is a piece that highlights the beautiful lampwork beads made by another El Paso artist Tamara St. Jean. She has just started making beads and man, she is really good! The one on the left is a wirework piece with lampwork by Karen Cascio...love her beads!

The piece in the center above is basically a reflection of my creative process right now, full, colorful and opaque. I call it "Fiesta". There is lots more but I am having a time getting the pics to come up in the spots I want them to so I will have to work on that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home