Dispatch From Phar Lepht

Musings, ramblings, rants, and raves from Phar Lepht, Texas by a tent show gypsy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phar Lepht, Texas, United States

I am a bead and wirework jewelry artist living in the desert southwest trying to make a living with my art. Happily married for 30+ years to Cecil(also an artist) and have two sons, Noah and Nathan (who is Down's Syndrome).

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bag Age

One of my newest projects is my beaded bags. I hate to sew, I mean I HATE to SEW! So in order to create what I wanted, I found a crafty friend who makes purses, bags, etc. for the shows and asked her if she would use my pattern and my chosen materials to sew the bags for me and I would do all the rest, woven handles, beadwork, decoration, etc. I think they turned out wonderfully ...what do you think? Sizes are about 4" w x 5 or 6" L for the body of the bag and can be worn around the neck to hold a cell phone, wild money, tube of lip gloss or whatever.





5 Comments:

Blogger judih said...

excellent new line
very exciting, glamourous while funky.

(would be happy to be there to help sew!)

4:21 AM  
Blogger noahphex said...

Wow those are wild! I bet they sell really well. =)

6:51 AM  
Blogger jenerator said...

I could use one of those for those days where I just want to carry around my id, lip balm, and celly. Those days are actually coming up. How much are they? I can transfer the cash to your account. I really like the 3rd one because of the pattern and beads.

I swear if I didn't have to pay for school and whatnot I would be your main benefactor ;)

Oh hey. Jen is getting married soon (June) I would like to give her something special and she *LOVES* jewelry. If you have time I would like to hire your services :)

7:22 AM  
Blogger SooZen said...

judih...thanks!

Hi Noah...they did pretty well considering how slow the show was. I sold one and got an order for another.

Hey Jen, that is so sweet, thank you. I will email you with details.

4:24 PM  
Blogger doreen said...

hi sooZ!

i just love these bags! I'd love to own one. Email me?

Thank you for sharing the photos of your booth, too! Bright and wonderfui!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home